Thursday, April 27, 2006

Time Gentlemen Please...

Where in the hell is this thing based?? My first comment written by me at the un-Godly hour of 1.10am in the UK, and according to the blog clock, it was posted at 4.55pm?? It's now 1.13am by the way... confused.

Time has always done that to me. I'm nearly forty now, and still my enduring fantasy from childhood days is to be able to travel in time. The reasons for being able to do so have of course changed with different stages of my life, (tending more towards aiding sexual conquest in the teenage years, allowing me to perform amazing feats of grand theft or other dubious means of financial gain as a young man, and finally being able to actually go and meet all those names on the family tree that it's taken me so long to put together, as I reach this age).
Still, the excitement burns in me when the idea of time-travel pops up. You can actually take any old piece of middling tv drama, bung in a 'time-travel' episode and I'd get into it. Start mulling over all the usual rubbish in my head....paradox's, alternate realities...blah blah. I stumbled across a tv show recently on cable, "Timecop" the series, a spin off from the movie. Classic example, possibly one of the most ill-conceived, badly written, appallingly acted pieces of junk to roll off US tv's production line, yet still I was compelled to watch it!......... Ok, like I said, it was just a passing thought....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home