Sunday, August 06, 2006

No Really....

I am going to start posting daily. I promise. I told you I would, I promised, so I will.

On This Day In History..

The Enola Gay dropped it's payload, "Little Boy" (otherwise known as a nuclear bomb) on Hiroshima killing 60'000 human beings outright 61 years ago today.

It took the world slightly less time to recover from this, than it did to recover from the trauma left hanging over the heads of thousands of eighties teenagers, when they discovered electra pop style icons 'Orchestral Maneuvers In The Dark' were in fact singing about said nuclear nightmare in their catchy pop tune "Enola Gay", and not an Italian homosexual with an unhealthy obsession with his "Momma being proud of Little Boy today" as indicated in the lyrics.

Though the boys in the band did sport some lovely jumpers as I recall.

2 Comments:

Blogger lee said...

OMD - this makes me think of their song "forever live and die", which is sort of fitting -how many died? (will have to read again).

2:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor pan faces :<

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home