Friday, October 06, 2006

Bloggers Block...

I've been pulling my hair out trying to think of something to write.

I know I don't have to write anything. But I feel I should.

I've had a busy week. In less than 24 hours, I'll be up to my ears in clubbers, loud Trance tunes, dodgy shirts, smiley happy people, and the usual problems and pleasures that go along with running a club night in London.
Right after that, no matter how the party goes, there will be about two days of 'crack-on' where a core group of us, promoters, helpers, DJs, mates, the odd 'random' newbie, will party on through the weekend. Our numbers will gradually deplete as the weekend progresses, 'light-weights' will drop out, people with 'proper' jobs to go to on monday will go home, those with commitments in life other than the pursuit of pleasure will drift away steadily.
By around sunday night, just a handful will be left, and another great clubbing weekend will be consigned to our fragile, soon to be confused memories.

All this means that it's unlikely I'll be writing much over the next few days, and explains why I've had little time to write much this week. I've been somewhat distracted.

But in this lull,
DUCK! INCOMING CLICHE..
In this calm before the storm, for some reason, I feel I ought to be making up for my lack of blogging this week, and the coming absence over the next few days.

Of course, like having a pee before going on a long car journey, the fact that you know you won't be able to do it for ages, in no way helps you to do it now. In a way, it actually seems to make it more difficult.

There are lots of issues in the world today upon which I currently have opinions, at varying levels of wisdom, ranging from 'reasonably informed' to 'complete ignorance' but after three false starts, I've decided not to subject you to them. At least not for the moment.

Consequently, this leaves you, the poor reader, to fulfill a role similar to a guy in a club who's found himself sitting next to a cyberkid pilled off of his nut, who rambles on with the direction and focus of a five year old with an attention disorder.

So if you've dropped in today, hoping to gain a startling insight into world issues of any kind, you're out of luck.

If however, you've dropped in because you simply enjoy reading me ramble on in no particular direction, then you've not been disappointed.

3 Comments:

Blogger lee said...

umm...yes..whatever :).

7:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still recovering :-)

5:24 pm  
Blogger Stevie said...

Me too.
Cheezy Trance, a classic Stevie/Her Ladyship moment I believe! ;-)

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home