Sunday, November 12, 2006

Lest We Forget....


Today is Rememberance Sunday.
I've always felt the need to put my own politics aside on this day, because regardless of your belief or not in any conflict our nation is involved in, today is a day to remember those who have given their lives for us. For you and I.

Without them standing between us, and those we have found cause to fight, we would not have the freedom to live the lives that we do.

To the men and women of Great Britain's Armed Forces who have given their lives so that I might enjoy mine, I would like to offer my personal deep and heartfelt thanks and unending respect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaun said...

I agree in respect to World Wars I&II but the day will be no doubt filled with politicians expressing fake sentiment about how they are deeply grateful to those who have died in Iraq and other unnecessary wars. I don't doubt your sincerity in this matter but politicians don't give a flying fuck about the troops - they are merely cannon fodder in their war games. How many politicians have sent THEIR children to die? I'd guess none.

4:07 am  
Blogger Stevie said...

As I said, (just for once) I leave my politics aside on this one. Over the years, these people have given their lives effectively in my place, what ever the reason.
If there's one thing I have as an Atheist, who believes one only gets a single chance at life, it's a sense of just how big a sacrifice that is to make for others.

10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home