Saturday, October 28, 2006

Another One For The List....

Today I'd like to welcome (yet) another group of people into my ever growing club for human beings that need, for all our sakes, to be removed from the planet.

I've just spent some time queing at the airport, seeing off my lovely other half, and, surprise, surprise, we had to spend some time snaking back and forth through those webbing barriers to make our way to far too few open check in desks. Now you may have figured out that I'm not what you'd call a patient person, so it will come as no surprise that I was getting a little grumpy. However, I soon realised that the target of my anger was ill-considered. I'd taken it upon myself to assume this was typical disregard for their customers by yet another faceless corperation, but I was wrong. I realised that what causes these delays and seemlessly endless lines, is in fact the dumb customers.

In the space of ten or fifteen minutes, I lost count of the number of fuckwits who wasted precious time with one of the clerks, either trying to convince the poor member of staff that the lorry sized item in front of them could not possibly weigh as much as those scales were saying, or, (and this was the really annoying bit) trying to shove a 'carry-on' bag the size of a small African country into the little metal 'size-guide' that sits alongside the check in desk.

Have these people never been on a fucking plane before?? You spend the entire journey sitting in one bloody seat! What the hell could you possibly want to take with you that is so damn big? Because if you do manage to just about squeeze that piece of luggage into the little frame, you are then going to piss everybody off again, when you try to force it into the tiny little overhead locker on the plane, blocking the aisle for another ten minutes into the bargain.

If you can't get your entire personal needs for a few short hours sitting in one seat, into a very small bag, you have failed basic human survival lesson 1, and should not set foot outside your house, let alone endangering the lives of others by being in a public place.

I would like a new rule please. Anyone who's carry-on bag does not fit into the metal frame, has the offending bag placed into a bin and burned in front of the whole queue. No payback, no compensation, just a valuable lesson learned for next time they fly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, my friend! I totally agree, it beggars belief at how stupid some people can be. Common sense is severely lacking in a vast majority of people it seems...

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home