Thursday, December 14, 2006

And On Top Of That....

The bloody bureaucracy in the country is mind-numbing. My fiancée and I have set a date for our wedding, yet due to the mountain of red tape involved as she is from New Zealand, and I'm from England, we are not yet able to confirm the registrar.
So her plans for what should be the best day of every girls life are on hold, with a completely un-necessary stressful cloud hanging over them.

All this in spite of the fact that she's lived, worked and paid taxes here for four years, her Grand-parents were from the UK, we've lived together for three years, and her country has a Union bloody Jack in the corner of their flag.

Perhaps I should tell them she's from Rumania or Poland........

1 Comments:

Blogger slouchmonkey said...

My wife had a difficult time getting her citizenship here in US, as you can imagine.

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home