Sunday, October 15, 2006

Say Yes To Intolerance...

The British press can't stop going on about veils at the moment. Lot's of missed opportunities for some lovely pun headlines in my opinion, "Masking The Truth" "To No a-Veil" etc etc, come on tabloids, you're slipping.

As I've already had my dig at Christianity this weekend, in the name of equality, I thought I'd take the time to slip in a little go at Islam. (Before Hindus, Jews, Satanists and Manchester United fans start complaining, there's plenty wrong with you lot too, just give me time...)

We can dress up debates about the wearing of a veil as an issue about communication, good manners, or a politicians attempt to stir discussion, but what this really comes down to is discrimination. Any religion that treats women the way Islam does can have no place in modern society.
(But then, frankly, I'm yet to find a religion that does deserve a place in modern society).

For those Muslim Radicals out there (the 'angry young men' who chose Islam, where some angry young men choose football hooliganism or gangs), who want to see Islamic law in the UK, it will never happen guys. We're still trying to get one lot of God-Botherers out of the political system, we're certainly not about to let another lot take over when we finally do.

Isn't it time we stopped talking about Tolerance of Religion, and stopped tolerating any of them? Because they are ALL intolerant!
It infringes on my civil liberties to have people who still talk to 'imaginary friends' running the country I live in. My taxes go towards funding schools that perpetuate these myths, teaching children the fantasy of God or Allah or Jehovah alongside the facts of mathematics and science.

We've tolerated religion being used to abuse the Human race for long enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger slouchmonkey said...

"Isn't it time we stopped talking about Tolerance of Religion, and stopped tolerating any of them?"

...uh, YES! FUCKING-A YEAH!

I've nothing more to add. Thanks.

10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home