Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Need A Little More Time?

I'd never have put myself down as a true lover of sleep. Some people have a real love affair going on with their bed, they just can't get enough zzzz's in their life. For them, paradise is all about long lie-ins, fluffy duvets and pillows.
Whilst I can appreciate the recovery benefits, sleep was always just a way to waste a third of your life in my book. One of the big fringe benefits of becoming a recreational drug user when I first signed up for the 'class A team', was the fact that I could fit in lots more stuff in all that wasted time when most of the world is sleeping.
Party all night, dance all night, read, watch tv, study, work or play, it's all extra time you get to fill with life's distractions and diversions. Ok, nature never entirely lets you get something for nothing, you do need to put in a few more hours on your back monday to friday if you party the whole weekend away. But in true Brit style, if you do it right, you can easily 'nick a bit'.

Going entirely without sleep just one night a week, could give you almost a whole extra day of life a month, or a massive two years and four months if you spread it over a whole lifetime of around 70 years! Just think what you could do with all that time.

Me? I like to make use of my extra time awake by sitting and writing stuff like this at 2am.

Well I never said you had to use the time wisely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home