Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Glitter, Visitors & Absent Friends..

Three days without an entry, I'll be drummed out of blogger union, but, what are ya gonna do?? I've actually had a (fairly) good excuse. Over the weekend my home spent some time as base of operations for some short people, one: my oh so lovely God-daughter, the other , my oh so funny kiwi crack-on partner of yesteryear. In spite of still being unable to walk anywhere in my flat without finding glitter, bits of craft paper and small pieces of arts & crafts heaven stuck to my feet, my God-daughter's visit was awesome. It's the first time she's stayed over for any length of time, and it's amazing how having a six year old around changes your day. You somehow seem to start earlier, finish later, and have a lot less time free in the middle. Life is generally more challenging, but hugely more rewarding. Note to self: Kids are fun.

Having a mate from the old days to stay is also awesome. Don't you just love those friendships where you can be away for months on end, be typically bloke-like in your complete lack of contact in that time, and from the moment you get back together it's like nothing changed?

There is another mate that I should have been spending this weekend with, but for one reason and another couldn't. Back in the deep and distant beginnings, when Stevie (not Steve) was born, The Mighty B and his soon-to-be other half were there, protecting me from the world, and most importantly, myself. They are still there, and they are still doing the same job. Her Ladyship texted me today, as ever, concerned about my problems, just like the two of them always have been. I can't wait until next month, when I get to stand there oh so proudly as two of the very best people on the planet get to tell everyone in public what I've known for many years,

the fact that they love each other totally and completely.
Life Is Good

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a lump in my throat after reading that. Big love to you Stevie xx

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home