Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Review... 10 Years Late....


I can't believe I've not seen it until now, but last night I sat down and watched LA Confidential for the very first time. What a bloody awesome movie! I should be ashamed to call myself a movie fan I know, taking 10 years to get round to seeing it, but hey, I've been busy. All the performances are excellent, but pale into insignificance next to the incredible storyline. A truly great piece of script-writing in my opinion from Brian Helgeland & Curtis Hanson (who also directs). I've got to get my hands on the novel by James Ellroy now to see if it lives up to the old test of novels always turning out to be even better than the movies.

One thing, did Russell Crowe base his off-screen persona on this particular on-screen performance forever after or is it just me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home