Thursday, January 18, 2007

Big Brother Shite-Fest Shocker....


I'm in a difficult situation when it comes to the current fuss over Channel 4's shite-fest, Celebrity Big Brother.
It will come as no massive surprise to you, but I'm definitely of the mind that this sort of pointless tripe is yet another reason to get off one's arse and find a hobby rather than turn on the tv.

However, I have to of course bow to the fact that this latest excuse for un-important 'celebrities' to spread their mediocrity to a greater audience is very much in the news at the moment. This brings me to my dilemma, for I find myself wishing to comment on the programmes un-invited presence in my consciousness, (rather like an irritating zit, you know you ought not to pick at), even though I still refuse to watch the damn thing.

Therefore you will have to excuse me if I comment, without having had first hand experience of the alleged racism that I'm told is permeating the show currently.

We live in a country where racism is illegal. So correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone's broken the law, is there not justification for PC Do-gooder to go into this little nest of has-beens and question or possibly arrest someone? Or at the very least insist the accused/victims be removed immediately and questioned?

The alternative is that no illegality has occurred, and we are just witnessing some form of mass hysteria over the completely unimportant mockney ramblings of a fat girl from Essex with delusions of relevance, and the equally unimportant hurt feelings of a spoilt little rich girl from India too stupid to realise that she'd get more than just an increase in her fame levels amongst non-Asian audiences by being short-sighted enough to agree to come on this bloody show.

Twenty odd MPs have signed something or other, the Chancellor's visit to India is, in the words of the BBC 'overshadowed', half the nation is up in arms, and most of the nations press would not hold the front page for a royal death if it happened right now, just on the off chance that Miss Piggy or the Bollywood Bore might have another little tiff.

Wankers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home