Friday, March 02, 2007

That's Gratitude For You.....

It's been announced, once again, that Nurses annual pay increases will be lower than the rate of inflation. They are to receive a total increase of 2.5% on the year, which compares to a 4.2% inflation rate. Effectively a pay cut.

It seems to me that all my life I've heard the same story, yet nobody in government, regardless of their political colour, (what little difference there is these days) makes any effort to do anything about it.

Why exactly do we as a nation sit back and let the people who work tirelessly to heal us, be treated this way, whilst successive administrations vote themselves ever bigger pay increases?

Are we really that ungrateful?

1 Comments:

Blogger Complete Bastard said...

I hear you, but one of my family members is a nurse and he's happy with his pay because nurses have received very good pay rises over the last few years...

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home