Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Feeding The Latest Addiction...

Don't tell the wife.... but I bought three more books today, just days after getting a Sony Reader for my birthday, and immediately loading up on 11'000, yes, 11'000 ebooks to fill my little mind to my hearts content.

In my defence, I bought them from a charity shop, so expense was low, but I can't seem to stop buying more books than I can possibly get round to reading (even though I read VERY quickly).

I can only assume that this is just another demonstration of my addictive personality (as if more evidence were required), but I hope that, in the long term at least, this one might prove to be non-health threatening, and might even carry some fringe benefits.. Though people are already commenting on the lack of social interaction with me as I bury my nose in a book regardless of company etc.

For the record, the books are:
The Great Escape by Paul Brickhill
A History of The British Secret Service by Richard Deacon
& War Behind Enemy Lines by Julian Thompson
Yes, there's a bit of a theme, I've always loved a bit of WWII history and it's been a while since I read any so I thought I'd indulge myself. By the way I got them all from the Sam Beare Hospice Bookshop in Weybridge which is not just an excellent cause but also an excellent bookshop. I know that's a bit 'local' for this worldwide, border straddling, internet thing, but I do actually know some people who live within a few miles of me who might be interested!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home