Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson...Death & Disinterest...

As a great lump of the (let's be honest) less imaginative portion of the Western world mourn the passing of pop music's biggest waste of space, let's please spare a moment's thought for those among us who have no interest either in his music, or the revelations about his not so private life over the last couple of decades.

I don't care if "Thriller" is considered a turning point for pop music, I was a Mod when it came out so I'm hardly likely to have even listened to it am I?

I don't care if he had plastic surgery or not, he went from an average looking black guy to a weird looking white guy, hardly a resounding success for the "Nip & Tuck" fraternity I would have said.

I don't care if he crossed the line in his levels of intimacy with the children of freaky families dumb enough to let their off-spring stay over in the house of a confirmed bachelor with lots of money and playground rides in his back garden. They weren't related to me after all.

All I know is that poor old Farrah Fawcett had a large part of her life overshadowed by a $6 million dollar man made of bionics, then she had her death overshadowed by a $6 billion dollar bankrupt made of plastics. Gutted for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home