Sunday, June 28, 2009

Anyone For Tennis?... Apparently Not...

As many people will be aware, I'm not exactly the worlds biggest sports fan.

I 'support' West Ham in the sense that as an English male, one has to 'support' someone or be considered a social retard, but much to the amusement of my friends that are 'real' football fans, I haven't known the names of any of the team for about fifteen years.

With this level of sporting interest in mind, I got up today and thought I might make a brief foray into the sporting world, and watch a bit of tennis, Wimbledon is on after all, and even if the actual sport bit gets boring, there's very little down side to watching occasionally cute women dancing about in little white skirts is there?

Only there's none on. None at all. Not a ball to be found. I now gather that I'm a victim of the English weather here, because my recollections of there always being a bit of Wimbledon to watch on the middle Sunday, may well spring entirely from the fact that normally they're trying to catch up after a week of dodging the rain. So it looks like I'm not destined to make that foray into sport after all.

Is that Fred Perry chap still quite good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home