Saturday, June 27, 2009

Walton on Thames to Melbourne: A Journey...

As some of you will know it's now only four months until my wife and I up sticks and move from Leafy Surrey in the UK to Melbourne Australia.

This impending journey is part of my reason for starting to write this blog again, I've found I'm a bit crap at keeping in touch with people on Facebook, simply put, I don't really have much to contribute in the 'normal' daily run of things.

I think I'm apparently quite good however, at writing a running stream of conciousness in the form of a blog. I am, after all, well known for my ability to rant, and what's a blog if it's not an online rant eh?

So, there will be, at no particular rate of interval, my thoughts on the great trauma on moving to the other side of the world, liberally accompanied by my less than interesting comment on life the universe and everything.

For those who don't know, I'm also currently trying to write a novel, the culmination of years of telling people I had the ability to write without ever having to prove it. Well now I'm putting my money (or at least my time) where my mouth is. I'm a fair way into it and yes, I do hope to get it published one day, even though I'm well aware there are about a billion authors out there these days. One of the disadvantages of mass education is that every person who can read also thinks they can write, and yes, I count myself among that number, but who knows, I might get lucky.

Todays "Things About Moving To Another Continent You Never Knew"
For 43 years I have, like everyone else amassed a huge amount of pointless possessions that serve no purpose, and I'm about to spend a large part of the next four months trying to get rid of the bloody things, so if you have at any point wandered about my home and thought to yourself "Ooooh, I would'nt mind that"... Please ask now, don't be shy, that item could now be yours, for the once in a lifetime price of "Nothing At All".... No really, I have to throw all this shit away otherwise!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home